Some veggies are so pretty it’s hard to want to eat them. That’s kind of how I feel about these gorgeous organic multi colored carrots that you’ll find in your Farmers Market Boxes. But it’s easier to eat them when you’re eating them like this! This sweet recipe is something that adults and kids alike will absolutely love. So let’s get right into it.
First, as always, we’ll gather our ingredients!
- 1.25 pounds of multicolored carrots (Chef used 3 carrots from The Farmers Market Box)
- 2 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ¼ cup honey (Chef used local Florida honey)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (½ white sugar can substituted here if you don’t have brown sugar)
- A dash of cayenne pepper to taste
Let’s get into our method:
1. First, peel your carrots. Then slice into chips (not too thin or they’ll be flimsy)
2. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and add the 2 tablespoons of salt. Add carrots and boil for 3-4 minutes and strain.
This is a great stopping point to prepare the rest of your dinner before continuing.
3. Now, in a saute pan, on medium melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the honey and brown sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Next, add your sliced carrots and stir until carrots are glazed.
5. Once glazed, zest lemon over carrots. Then, high above your pan, sprinkle cayenne pepper to your liking. Serve.
Chef John served this with Saffron and Thyme Roasted Chicken and Rice. Enjoy!